Last weekend had the ups and downs for Hartford. The club managed to go 1-1-1 this past week. They lost a tough game with four seconds left in overtime against Bridgeport on Wednesday. On Friday they dropped a rough edged game against Rochester in regulation. On Saturday they earned their lone win against Utica. After the three games, Hartford is still one game away from .500 if they win. The rookies were impressive as well. Let’s check it out!
Vinni Lettieri Impact
Coming into this weekend, Vinni Lettieri is ranked seventh in rookie scoring in the American Hockey League with 13 points. He is third for goals with eight while also recording five assists.
This past weekend was stellar for the young prospect as he had at least a point in three straight. He recorded a Gordie Howe hat trick (one goal, one assist and one fight) on Saturday. One of the great things about Letteri is that he can also play the center ice position and he hasn’t seemed to go into any long point drought yet. On defense he plays in the dirty areas and knows when to get tough. He knows where to be in situations on the ice. Currently, Lettieri is on a four game point streak. In that span he’s notched three assists and three goals.
Filip Chytil Returns
After missing five games due to illness, Filip Chytil finally returned to the Pack lineup. He returned last Saturday against the Utica Comets. He notched back to back goals in the first, which was his first multiple goal game of the season in Hartford. The young prospect is excited to be back and he will make noise this upcoming weekend. Chytil has been great since being sent down to Hartford so look for him to continue his great run of play beginning this weekend.
Time to be Jolly
The annual Teddy Bear Toss is coming up in Hartford! This Saturday features the annual tradition of throwing toys on the ice after Hartford’s first goal. Ironically this is against the Hershey Bears. This is my favorite promotion of the season.
- Friday, November 24th vs Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Islanders) at 7:00 pm, Webster Bank Arena
- The Pack seem to never catch a break playing the Sound Tigers on the schedule. This is the fifth meeting between both clubs. Hartford is currently 1-2-1 in the season series against Bridgeport. The last time both clubs met was last Wednesday in Hartford. The Pack lost the game in overtime with five seconds left. Bridgeport has won three straight coming into the contest.
- Saturday, November 25th vs Hershey Bears (Washington) at 7:00 pm, XL Center
- The Bears come into the weekend at .500. They have won their six of last ten games. Hershey also won the first game in the season series, 4-3 on October 29th.
- Sunday, November 26th vs Springfield Thunderbirds (Florida) at 3:05 pm, Mass Mutual Center
- The Thunderbirds continue to struggle. However, after going 2-11-1 in their first 14 games the club has won four straight before dropping their previous game against Bridgeport. This is the fourth meeting of the season between the clubs as Hartford is 2-1 in the season series.